Monday, September 13, 2010

Orientation is officially over! Well, it has been for a day, but I forgot to update last night.

The first day was arrival and tours of the dorms--my roommate was on my coach bus so I met her right away. The second was tours of the castle and grounds, as well as medical registration and a computer seminar. The third was pretty much a lecture--just a lot of people talking for a few hours--followed by academic registration (which I didn't even need to do). The fourth day was an intro to student services, followed by a Castle 'fate' (fĂȘte) and karaoke--which turned into a dance party and was so much fun! On the fifth day--yesterday--we travelled to Pevensey Castle, Birling Gap, the University of Sussex, and Brighton. I got a ton of awesome photos and two candy bars for one pound. It was great.

Today was my first day of classes. I had drama at 8:30 am (sob) and a double period of film in the afternoon. Both were great, although I was somewhat overprepared for both--my friends and I wore our studio clothes for drama but didn't need to, and I brought my camera and tripod to film, and while I am one of the few students with equipment (and the only with a tripod), I also didn't really need any of it today. Oh well. Better to be overprepared, right?

I'm already making friends, which is wonderful, and I am really loving this so far. I'll update again soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. so glad you're settling and enjoying britishland! <3 have an absolute BLAST and if you ever do get to see We Will Rock You on the west end, I suppose I don't have to tell you to think of me :D

    ReplyDelete